Inspired for Life 2017: NOW
Now live generously and graciously toward others, the way God lives toward you. (Matt. 5:48, The Message)
Want to reminisce? Take a look at last year’s IFL!
At the end of last year’s conference, you received a tool designed to help you connect your current reality with God’s present ability all year long. It includes a “cradle cross,” as well as a booklet with weekly entries for the coming year.
- Cradle your cross.
- Read the verse.
- Practice a “breath prayer.”
- Repeat the prayer several times as a way to feel your breath in the present moment and center yourself on God.
- Live into the challenge for the week.
- Be blessed to make the most of each moment of your life!
At Inspired for Life 2017, we collected prayer requests to allow us to pray for one another. The requests below were marked with permission to share. Join us in lifting up these needs and circumstances.
Health & Healing
Lord Jesus, hear our prayers for restored health and wholeness. Provide a healing touch where it is needed, and your remind us of your steadfast presence in our lives. Be with our doctors and caregivers, guiding the decisions that affect our health. Thank you for the promise of eternal life, free of pain and sickness. Amen.
- Pray for my best friend Marcia, we were best friends and grew up together in Iowa. Marcia used to play guitar, sing, even write songs. She had a severe stroke that left her partially paralyzed. Now she struggles to put a sentence together. Marcia has always had a heart for God and does not blame him, but even so struggles with loss, loneliness and depression. Pray for her healing and for her comfort, strength and perseverance.
- Pray for my upcoming doctor appointment — I am terrified.
- For peace, hope and healing for my friends and their son who is fighting for his life. May they know that God is with them every step of the way and that they are not forgotten!
- Answered prayer! Last year at the conference my heart was heavy because my sister desperately needed a kidney. In March, she celebrates her one year anniversary of her successful transplant. Praise God! Praying for continued good health for Emily!
Careers & Employment
Lord, hear our prayers for those struggling to find contentment and fulfillment in their careers. Help us to remember that our daily interactions with co-workers are opportunities to minister and live out your love. Open doors of opportunity for those who are unemployed or seeking a change. We are blessed to live with the freedom to choose our career paths as we seek to honor you. Amen.
- Give me fresh eyes for opportunity and connections in my business; guide me and lead me.
- I’ve been unemployed for 7 months and although I’ve had had severance for 6 of those I want to find the right job soon. I pray keep waiting and listening for God help me find the right employer.
- I’m a teacher seeking new employment who is trying to trust God that his plan will come to fruition and not the plan that I think is best.
- I’m working in a job that is depressing and has nothing to do with what I studied.
Marriage & Relationships
Lord, hear these prayers, along with all the private ones submitted. You know each need, as well as every joy. Provide healing, grace, kindness, gentleness, and self-control within each relationship, and protect the bonds of love and commitment. Amen.
- Please heal my 20-year marriage, in separation and crisis.
- Tomorrow marks our 23rd anniversary. We have faced thousands in debt, miscarriage and rebellious teenagers, yet here we are still standing and searching for a renewed love as empty-nesters.
- Please pray for my husband to know the amazing love of Jesus.
- I pray for continued blessings on my 27+ year marriage to my high school sweetheart and protection for our four children.