We follow the best boat-rocker in Jesus who modeled what it looks like to take on institutions and systems in the name of love and with the goal of protecting those marginalized and hurt by society. We are also called to use our voice when the voiceless are hurting.
- Love wins! – Especially when our voices come together to speak up
- Butt up against the world – by the virtue of being a Christian, you are automatically bumping against the world’s ways
- Be a voice of love – in small and simple ways
- Acts of kindness – pay for the someone’s order at a restaurant
- Kindness to one – show one specific kindness to one person, there is a ripple effect that follows
- Eye contact – show that you see each person and each person matters
- John 17:14 – I have given them your word, and the world has hated them for they are not of the world.
- Matthew 15 – You hypocrites, this people honors me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. In vain do they worship me, teaching human precepts as doctrines.
- Romans 12 – Do not conform any longer to the pattern of the world.
- Matthew 22:39 – And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’
- In Defense of Troublemakers by Professor of Psychology at UC Berkeley – “Consensus narrows, while dissent opens the mind.”
- Tyler Perry (actor) paid all the layaway totals at a Wal Mart for a total of $430,000